Home Page
Summer Day Camps
Going Green
Pony Parties
Riding Lessons
Equine SalesList
Tack for Sale
Purebred Arabian Horses
Half Arabian Horses

  WWW Tsimply Royal
  WWW Navigaitor
  WIW Royal Tsonata
  WIW Midnight Rythm
  WIW Windsome Fortune
  WIW Windys Choice
  WIW Dixie Melody
  WIW Rythm Queen
  WIW Tstarbucks
Supreme Tsamaz

Pinto Arabian Horses
Crabbet/CMK Archive
Why Buy Crabbet?
Spotted Saddlehorses & TWH
Equine Health
Everything about Breeding
A Tribute to the 4H of Geauga County
A Tribute to Hallelujah
Our Story
Horse Links
Losing Ground to Development
Land Use Issue in Ohio
Guest Book
Coloring Book
Story Books on horse breeds
WIW Farm Through the Seasons
The Baxter Black Corner
Site map
Diatom Graphics

Windt im Wald
A Wind in the Woods
Geauga County, Northeast Ohio
since 1995

Supreme Tsamaz

Supreme Tsamaz is a 1992 bay Arabian by HU-Sohda-Nohta out of Supreme Tsolitaire by Arabian Nationals Champion, Supreme Tsultan (deceased). There are a limited number of Supreme Tsultan descendants living today because Tsultan (Bugsy) died at an early age. We bought this mare as she was about to embark on a reining horse career. We wanted her for our stalwart trail horse, and she is one of the trustiest, most reliable horses we know. She has saved us from potholes, from intruders, from hornets' nests in the ground and in trees.

Better yet, she foals her babies without muss or fuss and takes all the worry out of waiting for those babies. If only all mares could inspire as much trust and confidence as Sammie does for us.

She has produced two very nice colts for us, both black bays. She seems to produce minimal white; she herself has a nice white star but only 2 white socks and many crosses to black.

Click here for the Breaking News!



True Story

       It was summer 1999, and it had not been a good year at all. In March we lost a newborn foal to a rare congenital ailment. In April my Half Arabian mare, the one I had expected to use as my foundation mare, had had to be put down because of a foaling mishap. It was beginning to seem that owning horses would present more challenges than we had bargained for, and in May we decided to put all our horses for sale, including my very favorite, little 14.2 hand Supreme Tsamaz, the very first mare I had bought. She had always been stalwart and true and had kept me from harm. She had always been careful about her footing, and when she once had encountered a hornets' nest on a trail, she took multiple stings, but I did not receive even one.
      We posted the sales list in the usual favorite tack stores. Almost immediately there was a big response to the ad. Within a week of posting the ad, two young women came out and took turns test riding Tsammie. I watched Tsammie's little backside swish from side to side as first one and then the other woman rode her in the arena and then outside. I watched her left front leg scratch her front right leg to relieve an itch; she was the only horse I had ever seen engage in such behavior.
      The two companions returned in a week for a second look at Tsammie. The second test rides were equally successful. I sucked in my breath as one of the two women said, "I want this mare."
      "Okay," I heard my voice rattle inside my head. I felt a bit lightheaded. I knew that I did not want to part with my sterling trail buddy, in spite of any previous misfortune. Nevertheless, I had not discouraged this woman from attempting to buy my horse.
      Days, then a couple of weeks went by with no further communication from the prospective buyer. As each new day passed, I breathed easier as I came to accept the idea that I had escaped having to sell my Tsammie.
      July arrived lazily. I answered the phone one early July morning to hear," My friend did not buy your mare, did she?"
      "No, she didn't"
      "Then I want to buy her, and I will bring the money on Friday."
      It was Tuesday. Again I heard my voice say, "Okay." Nothing else.
     For three nights I had nightmares about the loss of my favorite mare. It did not help that my mother had warned that I would miss my mare and the fun and peace she had brought to my life. During the day I was depressed and hushed. I did not talk. I did not smile.
      Friday inevitably arrived, as I knew it would. I dreaded the arrival of the buyer and transporting Tsammie to a new farm. Then God granted a miracle-- in a strange kind of way. A terrible storm hit about 6 PM, just as my husband, my son, and I were at the barn to feed Tsammie and our other horses. As we fed and I thought about how this would be Tsammie's last suppertime with us, a terrible bolt of lightening and a horrendous clap of thunder felled a huge, old tree, splitting the trunk in two and thrusting it on the split rail fence. Almost immediately, the barn went dark as the power went out, and the sirens sounded everywhere, indications that there were innumerable emergencies.
      As soon as the storm calmed down enough to permit us to do so, we walked back to the darkened house. The lightening had also managed to destroy the electric garage-door opening and to fry our computer monitor. The blinking light on the answering machine indicated one person had left a phone message. "The weather is too bad tonight. I will come with the money tomorrow about noon." It was the prospective buyer.
      A weight lifted from my shoulders, and I felt the light come back into my eyes. I flatly asserted to my husband that I would not sell my Tsammie. I slept like a baby that night, full well knowing what action I would take the first thing Saturday morning.
      At 9 AM Saturday morning I called the buyer and reached her personally. I told her the truth. I could not part with my horse. I could hear her catch her breath, and I detected little sobs in her voice. I was sorry to disappoint her, but I was grateful to keep my darling.
      I permitted the girl and her husband to come see Tsammie for the last time that evening. The husband incredulously asked, "What is it about this horse that makes 2 grown women cry?" When he spotted Tsammie, he just smiled and nodded his head, "She IS really cute."
      I thought at the time that this was the end of the story about how I almost sold Supreme Tsamaz, but I was wrong. In October we discovered that she was in foal, and she delivered her second foal, a beautiful black bay colt in January 2000. Since he was exactly the color of a cup of coffee with a prominent star on his forehead, we named him WIW Royal Tstarbucks, and he won a large number of ribbons during the summer of 2000.
      Supreme Tsamaz is in foal again for a 2002 foal by our own WIW WINDYS CHOICE. This will be CHOICE's very first foal.   It would be nice  if the new baby is spotted, but we know that it will be a winner no matter what its color may be.

     It is true that Tsammie IS  "really cute," but she is more than that to us. She is a way of life. She brings us joy every single day. Were it not for that terrible storm of July 1999 our lives would have been forever altered and sadly diminished without her.
The good news is that Tsammie is here to stay!

Breaking News!
Tsammie just delivered CHOICE's first foal Color By Choice, CC for short.

Map to our farm

At Windt im Wald Farm we are preservationist Arabian horse breeders. specializing in Crabbet/CMK bloodlines. We also provide Arabian horse training and riding lessons.